Article
Letter from Google CEO to Employees: 12,000 jobs to be cut
Googlers,
I have some difficult news to share. We’ve decided to reduce our workforce by approximately 12,000 roles. We’ve already sent a separate email to employees in the US who are affected. In other countries, this process will take longer due to local laws and practices.
This will mean saying goodbye to some incredibly talented people we worked hard to hire and have loved working with. I’m deeply sorry for that. The fact that these changes will impact the lives of Googlers weighs heavily on me, and I take full responsibility for the decisions that led us here.
aboutLiberty Portal
Liberty Portal is your gateway for free markets and free thinking. We aggregate open-sourced content to promote and popularize important people and lessons within the liberty movement.
suggested
Apr 21, 2026 / Tyler Durden
Israel Says Hezbollah Fired Rockets, Breaching Lebanon Ceasefire
Israel Says Hezbollah Fired Rockets, Breaching Lebanon Ceasefire
Just as the Iran ceasefire seems on the brink of collapsing (though unilaterally extended late in the day Tuesday by Trump), so does the Lebanon one as well, as on Tuesday Israel accused Hezbollah of firing a new rocket volley at its IDF forces, effectively breaking the ceasefire.
The Israel Defense Forces said Hezbollah targeted its troops in southern Lebanon, seeing in this a breaching of the fragile ceasefire ahead of a further round of US-mediated talks between the Israeli and Lebanese governments.
Illustrative...
Read more
May 11, 2026 / Dave DeCamp
Iranian Foreign Ministry Says US Pushing ‘Unreasonable Demands’ Shaped by Israel
Iran’s Foreign Ministry said on Monday that the US was making “unreasonable demands” that are being shaped by Israel, comments that come after President Trump rejected Tehran’s latest proposal to end the war. “We did not demand any concessions. Our demand is legitimate: demanding an end to the war, lifting the blockade and piracy, and […]
Read more
May 8, 2026 / Tyler Durden
Clinton-Appointed Federal Judge Rules DOGE's Terminations Of Humanities Grants Unlawful
Clinton-Appointed Federal Judge Rules DOGE's Terminations Of Humanities Grants Unlawful
Authored by Guy Birchall via The Epoch Times,
A federal judge ruled on May 7 that the Department of Government Efficiency’s (DOGE’s) termination of hundreds of humanities grants last year was unconstitutional and involved “blatant” discrimination.
In April 2025, the Trump administration axed more than 1,400 grants, amounting to more than $100 million in congressionally appropriated funds awarded to scholars, writers, research institutions, and other humanities organizations.
The move was part of a whirlwind cost-cutting drive that tech billionaire Elon Musk was leading...
Read more




