Article
Russia, China Veto UN Res Authorizing Military Force To Reopen Hormuz Strait
Russia, China Veto UN Res Authorizing Military Force To Reopen Hormuz Strait
On Tuesday a UN Security Council resolution on opening the Strait of Hormuz failed due to Russia and China vetoing it. It was drafted by Bahrain and authorized countries to use military force if necessary to open the strait for the free flow of shipping and commerce.
The resolution garnered 11 votes in favor, but permanent veto-wielding members China and Russia blocked it by registering no votes. This comes after days of pressure from Gulf countries to restore free passage...
aboutLiberty Portal
Liberty Portal is your gateway for free markets and free thinking. We aggregate open-sourced content to promote and popularize important people and lessons within the liberty movement.
suggested
Mar 6, 2026 / Tyler Durden
Iran's Financial Hub, The UAE, May Freeze Billions In Assets Over Retaliatory Strikes
Iran's Financial Hub, The UAE, May Freeze Billions In Assets Over Retaliatory Strikes
The United Arab Emirates is pissed after Iran targeted Dubai and other US allies with over 1,000 drones and missiles in retaliation for US-Israeli attacks over the last week - and is now weighing freezing billions of dollars in Iranian assets held in the Gulf state, according to the WSJ, citing people familiar with the discussions. If that happens, it could sever one of Tehran's most vital economic lifelines.
A black plume of smoke rises from a warehouse at the industrial area of Sharjah...
Read more
May 11, 2026 / Jason Ditz
UN Peacekeepers Report 1,296 Israeli Strikes in Three Days in Lebanon Despite ‘Ceasefire’
A growing number of Israeli strikes on Lebanon has led to death tolls once again on the rise, despite what is notionally a ceasefire in place between the two countries. The UNIFIL peacekeepers documented 1,296 Israeli military strikes in the past 72 hours. This left at least 87 people killed over the weekend in over […]
Read more
Apr 27, 2026 / Dave DeCamp
Iran Says Nearly Half of Iranians Killed by US-Israeli Bombing Campaign Were Civilians
An Iranian official said on Monday that nearly half of the Iranians killed by the US-Israeli bombing campaign that began on February 28 and has been paused since April 8 were civilians, as strikes pounded civilian targets throughout the war. According to Tehran Times, Jamshid Nazmi, an advisor at Iran’s Foundation of Martyrs and Veterans […]
Read more




